ABOUT LAST NIGHT
Royals 7, Indians 1
One down, (at least) four to go. The Royals decisively took game one of their massive six-game homestand by striking out 17 Indians and deploying the “triple.” Salvador Perez had three hits, including a triple, and Lorenzo Cain had a huge triple as well.
The most important thing that happened last night was THIS.
IN OTHER NEWS…
– Yordano Ventura is going to start for the Royals tonight. (KC Star)
– Royals out to get it. (Kings of Kauffman)
– Injuries for the Chiefs to sign tight end Kevin Brock. (Arrowhead Addict)
– Some key numbers from Sunday’s win over Dallas. (Arrowhead Addict)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
– Replacing Mack Brown isn’t going to be easy if Texas chooses to do so.
– Joe Posnanski discusses Vladimir Guerrero. Poz is decent at writing.
– Tampa Bay is a complete mess right now. First it was Josh Freeman, now it’s Darrelle Revis.
– Here she is, Miss America 2014.
TWEET OF THE WEEK
Salvador Perez answering the question, “Where where you in 1986?”
I was in my pa-pa, ya know? — Sal Perez !!!! #Royals
— Ross Martin (@PCBearcat) September 17, 2013
ONE MORE THING…
Tom Brady’s head on Miley Cyrus’ body in her “Wrecking Ball” music video. You can’t beat the internet.