ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Tigers 3, Royals 2
Oh Ned Yost.
Yost left in Jeremy Guthrie for three-too-many innings, and in the third extra inning he got burned. Kansas City is still in good shape for the wild card, but things would have looked much better had the Royals been able to pull out Sunday’s game.
KC starts a HUGE series this week Cleveland and Texas. Those six games, more than this past weekend’s series with Detroit, will determine the Royals playoff fate.
THE CHIEFS moved to 2-0 after a one-point win over the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday. KC now has a very quick turnaround where they will face the Philadelphia Eagles on Thursday night. If the Chiefs can win that game then the playoffs start to become something the Chiefs have a real shot at reaching.
We’ll have more for you on the Chiefs game and the Royals throughout the day.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Chiefs counting on their defense to win games. (KC Star)
- Charles can be happy with gritty, not gaudy, numbers. (KC Star)
- Andy Reid: “The ground is shaking.” (Arrowhead Addict)
- Omaha wins PCL championship. (Kings of Kauffman)
- K-State had several recruits at UMass game. (Jug of Snyder)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- It turns out Knicks players fixed games in the 80′s as a favor to their drug dealers.
- Chiefs one of the big winners from the weekend.
- The Jets problems are not caused by Rex Ryan, but by a roster devoid of talent.
- Northern Kentucky University, $311,215, theft, Kroger gift cards. Okay, now read.
ONE MORE THING…
At the risk of playing too many Keith Olbermann videos… Olbermann on the “Redskins” name.