ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Royals 7, Mariners 6
After Greg Holland was mortal for one pitch, Mike Moustakas bailed out the Royals in the bottom of the 13th with a walk-off home run. The homer was his 11th of the season and helped pull the Royals to within 4.5 games of the wild card.
Wil Myers also has 11 home runs. This means nothing, but it seems we have to always talk about Myers even when it is not related.
KC starts a huge 15-game stretch against Detroit, Cleveland, and Texas, which will either create a playoff opportunity for them or destroy it.
FOOTBALL started last night with the Broncos crushing the Ravens 49-27. Peyton Manning tied a NFL record with seven touchdown passes, the most in a game since 1969. Not too shabby.
KC opens their season on Sunday against the Jacksonville Jaguars. I hope Alex Smith throws seven touchdowns.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- “Why is fate tempting us right here? Why does it test us like this? Why?” – Ned Yost (KC Star)
- Justin McCay is ready to get on the field for the Jayhawks. (KC Star)
- Does K-State stop the run this week against Louisiana-Lafayette? (Jug of Snyder)
- Jaleel Clark is ready to step up in his final season. (KC Star)
- Can the Chiefs win the AFC West? (Arrowhead Addict)
- The Royals need to find some power this offseason. (Kings of Kauffman)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- It is good to be the retiring president of a university. You get an iPad! (And lots of cash.)
- I am never going on a float trip ever again. Or at least I’m never getting out of the raft.
- Here is the explanation for why the Ravens were getting frisked by the refs before the game started.
- Two ESPN experts have the Chiefs winning the AFC West. Ron Jaworski was the only person to not pick New England to win the AFC East.
- Brian Kelly made a new friend over the offseason.
VINE OF THE WEEK…
Check out the dude in the white shirt in the background.
ONE MORE THING…
Hunter Dozier may end up pretty decent. Maybe. We hope.