ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Mariners 6, Royals 4
Damn you, Aaron Crow. In the top of the ninth, Crow had two outs and a 1-2 count on Kendrys Morales until he grooved a pitch down the middle that Morales hit approximately 781 feet. This was not pleasing on several levels, especially since the Royals came back from a 4-0 deficit to tie the game.
Kansas City will try to get one back this afternoon against Joe Saunders. Jeremy Guthrie will start for the Royals.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Lorenzo Cain is back from the DL but his use is expected to be limited. (KC Star)
- Gary Pinkel is taking on his former team this Saturday. (KC Star)
- A sad explanation for the purple bracelets the Wildcats are wearing this season. (KC Star)
- Andy Reid talks Luke Joeckel and Blaine Gabbert. (Arrowhead Addict)
- Derrick Thomas will be featured on “A Football Life.” (Arrowhead Addict)
- Chiefs included on list of “teams that will be better.” (Grantland)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- XBOX One is coming out November 22. Just in time for me to not buy one.
- Ricky Gervais did an AMA on Reddit.
- Tokyo has a very solid big up for the 2020 Olympics, which means they won’t get it.
- A terrible, but well written, story about the death of Kendrick Johnson.
- Beers on Joe Maddon if you show up to his “win or weep” party. I wish Ned Yost did this.
ONE MORE THING…