ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Royals 4, Mariners 3
Salvador Perez homered and drove in the game-winning run in his attempt to steal my heart.
Alex Gordon also had a home run, while Bruce Chen did more awesome Bruce Chen things. And then there is Greg Holland, who was absolutely dominant in the ninth inning again.
KC remains 4.5 games back of the final wild card spot.
THE CHIEFS re-signed undrafted rookie Bradley McDougald to their 53-man roster and placed rookie Sanders Commings on the injured reserve with a designation to return list. The designated to return designation means Commings cannot practice until week six and cannot play until week eight. He has been out with a broken collarbone since July 23.
McDougald has been on a bit of a ride the last few days. He initially made the 53-man roster only to be released the next day. KC resigned him today on the first day that player could be put on the designated to return list.
IN OTHER NEWS…
– Geoff Schwartz explains how he balances his Jewish faith and football. (KC Star)
– Grading Eric Fisher’s preseason. (Arrowhead Addict)
– The importance of week one. (Arrowhead Addict)
– Royals have several September 1st call-ups. (Kings of Kauffman)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
– Aldon Smith had been named in a lawsuit over a 2012 shooting. Alcohol and guns are not a good combination.
– “Mind-boggling” is how Jim Leyland is describing Miguel Cabrera’s play right now. He’s decent.
– MMQB’s ten most underreported storylines from the NFL season. Tebow-free.
– What it is like being the oldest Buzzfeed employee.
– John McCain was caught playing poker on his iPhone during a hearing on Syria.
ONE MORE THING…
The Cosby Show. Blurred Lines. Mashup.