ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Royals 5, Blue Jays 0
James Shields was excellent in his seven shutout innings of work yesterday afternoon, striking out nine, with three hits and only one walk. I’d say he was on top of his game, eh? Eric Hosmer had three RBI, and Emilio Bonifacio he two hits, a double, and two runs scored.
First pitch is scheduled for 1:10 p.m.
COLLEGE FOOTBALL is back and wow is there a lot to talk about.
Kansas State lost of two-time defending national FCS champion North Dakota State on Friday night. After KSU took a 21-7 midway through the third quarter it seemed they were just one play away from nailing down the win, they just never got it. It was as if Bill Snyder got Bill Snyder’d by the Bison.
Henry Josey is back for the Missouri Tigers and he looked about as good as a player can look after missing nearly two years due to a terrible knee injury. Josey’s night was capped off by a 68-yard touchdown run in the third quarter that was created purely on speed. A fully healthy Josey would be a big lift for Mizzou.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- The Chiefs set their 53-man roster Saturday only to revamp in Sunday. (Arrowhead Addict)
- Chiefs also have a practice squad. (Arrowhead Addict)
- Soony Saad talks Hunger Games, Game of Thrones (SKC won this weekend, 2-1). (Sporting KC)
- Ervin Santana’s greatest twitter hits. (Kings of Kauffman)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- MMQB discusses some back story to the huge concussion settlement the NFL and players agreed to over the weekend. Kevin Turner apparently played a significant role.
- The Dave Chappelle meltdown that never happened.
- Mark Mayock calls (the now unemployed) Tim Tebow “Peyton Manning.” Oops.
- Johnny Manzel is a jackass and Tully Corcoran loves him for it.
- Ronnie Lott fell out of his chair on live television. It was briefly scary, then sad, then hilarious.
ONE MORE THING…
A Georgia fan called into a sports talk radio show and began crying on air.