ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Royals 8, Twins 1
Salvador Perez homered twice and was a triple short of the cycle in last night’s beat down of the Twins. There was a particular exchange where Perez had a pitch thrown at his head in his third at-bat of the game. Perez was not pleased about the location of the pitch and pointed at Twins starter Andrew Alberts to let him know that if Albers wanted to hit him then aim for the ribs, not the head. A few pitches later Perez rocketed a single right past Albers head.
Perez is a badass.
Oh, and Danny Duffy’s line for the night: 6 2/3 ip, 5 h, 0 r, 0 bb, 7 k. Gnar.
Kansas City will go for the sweep this afternoon at 12:10. Bruce Chen is on the mound.
IN OTHER NEWS…
– David DeJesus and Chris Getz’ wives are teaming up on CBS’ The Amazing Race. (CBS)
– Jeremy Guthrie’s second half success. (Kings of Kauffman)
– 8 Lessons from the preseason. (Arrowhead Addict)
– 2013 Chiefs prop bets. (Arrowhead Addict)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
– Fatherhood advice from comedians.
– How sports leagues control ESPN. It’s kinda dirty.
– Former White Sox executive Dave Wilder is going to prison.
– Are the Cincinnati Bengals overvalued? Yes. The answer is yes.
– A longread on baseball. Great stuff.
– A teacher who admitted raping a 14-year-old girl gets 30 days in jail. Judge said the girl was older than her years.
ONE MORE THING…
This Glamour campaign will totally end up changing the NFL’s mind on banning large purses. (Glamour)