ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Marlins 5, Royals 2
@#&$ $%&^ !@$# @#$! ^&$% *^&@ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Those are my feelings about yesterday’s disaster of a game against the Miami Marlins. Jacob Turner walked six batters, struck out none, and allowed four hits… yet only allowed two runs (one earned) in five innings. Disaster. Absolute disaster.
Kansas City takes that turd with them to Detroit where a season-defining 5-game series is about to take place against the Tigers. The Royals absolutely cannot afford to lose this series. In fact, they almost need to sweep it in order to stay relevant in the playoff race. A 3-2 split of the series would equal KC flying out of Detroit still being 6.5 games out of first place. The Royals need wins. Badly.
Nice try, but it’s not working this time, puppy.
Haha, that’s a cute. Still sad.
Whoa, what the…
Things will start off tonight with Jeremy Guthrie facing Anibal Sanchez. First pitch is scheduled for 6:08. For those outside of the FSKC viewing area, the game will also be broadcast on MLB Network.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Alex Smith is at peace with San Francisco. (Golden Gate Sports)
- Chiefs are optimistic as they end camp in St. Joe. (KC Star)
- A few roster suggestions as the Royals head to Detroit. (Kings of Kauffman)
- Dunta Robinson likes the Chiefs chances this season. (Arrowhead Addict)
- It looks like Time Warner will have the first two K-State football games after an agreement with Fox Sports 1. (KC Star)
- Wilt Chamberlain: Borscht Belt Bellhop. (30 for 30 Shorts)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- Here’s one way to fix the NCAA: Kill it.
- It would be great if Johnny Manziel continued signing autographs for profit. I’m not the only one who thinks this.
- Colin Kaepernick owns the cover of GQ. Said he wasn’t allowed to run the ball in high school. Oops.
- I try to avoid politics as much as I can here, but this lady’s story is pretty awesome.
- Daniel Radcliffe: “Every job I do, I like to think it makes me better or I learn things. It’s all about how much something’s going to stretch me or test me. It’s like that saying, ‘If you do what you always do, you’ll get what you’ve always had.’ You have to do things you don’t know you can do.”
TWEETS OF THE WEEK
and Vin Scully just called K-State “Kansas City State”
— Brandon H. (@BHIndepMO) August 15, 2013
ONE MORE THING…
Jozy Altidore had a Hat-Trick in the USA’s 4-3 win over Bosnia-Herzegovina (?) – who are somehow the ninth ranked team in the world – yesterday.