ABOUT LAST NIGHT
Twins 7, Royals 0
Outside of Will Smith’s performance out of the bullpen – he struck out five of the nine batters he faced – nothing positive can be taken from this game. The offense couldn’t hit a soft-tossing lefty who was making his Major League debut, James Shields looked like he had never pitched before, and the Royals dropped a game in the AL Central and Wild Card standings.
Other than that everything was great.
KC will try to rebound and take the series tonight with Danny Duffy on the hill, who will be pitching for the Royals for the first time since his Tommy John surgery last June.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Four rules for the Chiefs preseason opener on Friday. (Arrowhead Addict)
- All four quarterbacks will play one quarter each on Friday: Smith, Daniel, Bray, and then Stanzi. (Arrowhead Addict)
- Nick Jacobs has his mid-training camp 53-man roster projections. Two interesting cuts on his list. (Arrowhead Pride)
- Bill Snyder flunked out of Missouri. That is: The University of Missouri. Seriously. I did not know this. (Extra Sauce)
- Sporting is looking to make history in the CONCACAF Champions League. (KC Star)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- John Rocker did an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Reddit and it went about as well as you’d think it would go. Top question asked: “Do you think Alex Rodriguez should be suspended for being Hispanic?”
- In more dumb NCAA news, the NCAA is selling autographs from Reggie Bush’s vacated bowl game for $179.95. Not-for-profit, I’m sure.
- Dwayne Wade and his sons all wore hoodies for the cover of “Ebony” magazine. This was done in honor of Trayvon Martin.
ONE MORE THING…
Scoring a goal from 88 yards out is not too shabby. (The Big Lead)