ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Royals 7, Twins 2
Lorenzo Cain robbed a home run to cap off a thorough domination of the Minnesota Twins over the last three games. KC outscored Minnesota 18-7, the offense racked up 36 hits, and the pitching staff struck out 30 Twin batters. Other than that, it was a pretty even matchup.
And guess what? The Royals are only 4.5 games back of the wild card now after winning their ninth straight game.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- We landed a short interview with former Kansas City Wizard Tony Meola. Check it out. (KC Kingdom)
- Dontari Poe cut out BBQ from his diet. Not. Worth. It. (Arrowhead Addict)
- Andy Reid expects big things from Eric Fisher. (Arrowhead Addict)
- KOK tries to figure out the second baseman situation for the last two months of the season. (Kings of Kauffman)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- Eric Weddle is a secret superstar according to Grantland. This is not good news for the Chiefs.
- Revisiting the James Harden trade one year later. Note: You should probably read Grantland every day.
- What Buck Showalter is saying is true. Even if it is a conflict of interest on his part.
- Fox bought the right to make a movie about Kurt Warner’s life. The Big Lead tries to figure out who should play Kurt Warner.
ONE MORE THING…