ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Royals 4, Twins 3
Eight wins in a row for the Royals. 10 wins in their last 12 games. Huh.
Things that hadn’t happened yet since the last time the Royals won eight games in a row: Lance Armstrong had only four Tour de France titles, Arnold Schwarzenegger hadn’t been governor of California, LeBron James hadn’t been drafted into the NBA, Chris Lubanski hand not been selected fifth overall by the Royals, Hurricane Katrina was two years away, the first iPhone was four years away, and Finding Nemo hadn’t been released.
What I’m saying is that it’s been a while since the Royals last won eight games in a row.
Royals take on the Twins at 12:10 this afternoon to wrap up the series.
MLS ALL-STAR GAME
- “There’s perhaps no better example of how far the league has come than Kansas City.” (Sports Illustrated)
- “Soccer was more than enough — plus a night that put the Kansas City area’s growing love for the sport in the international spotlight.” (KC Star)
- “Once a lame duck, Sporting are now undeniably cool. They’re forward thinking. They’re willing to spend. They’re responsive to the whims of their mushrooming fanbase. They’ve even managed to make argyle hip. They’re everything the Chiefs and Royals are not.” (MLSSoccer.com)
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Royals are mostly quiet at the trade deadline. (Kings of Kauffman)
- Breaking down Justin Maxwell. (KC Kingdom)
- Jamaal Charles extreme importance to the passing game. (Arrowhead Addict)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- The Tree of Ted Thompson. Learn the background of John Dorsey‘s mentor.
- MLB is prepared to ban Alex Rodriguez for life. What a joke.
- Riley Cooper got mad and then call people the “N-word.” Language is, obviously, not safe for work.
- The most feared recruiters amongst college assistant basketball coaches. Two KU assistants made the list.
ONE MORE THING…
A parody of Tom Emanski’s baseball training infomercial…kickball style. (Extra Mustard)