ABOUT LAST NIGHT
Royals 3, Orioles 2
Despite stranding 12 runners and a shaky start to the ninth inning for Holland, the Royals recovered and did just enough to beat the Orioles and take advantage of Bruce Chen’s strong start. Mike Moustakas doubled twice and drive in a run for the Royals. All nine Royals who had plate appearances reached base, only Kottaras failed to reach on a hit.
Chen was excellent for six innings, allowing one run on three hits while striking out four and walking none. It is the second straight start where opponents have looked baffled by what Chen was doing in the mound. One more start like that and you wonder if Chen could bring some value on the trade market.
KC is now 46-51, 3-2 since the break, and 8 games out of first place in the American League Central.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Chiefs’ rookie defensive back Sanders Commings broke he clavicle, and will be out 2-6 weeks. (KC Star)
- Today is the 30th anniversary of the Pine Tar Game. (KC Star)
- Former Ivy Leaguer Mike Catapano feels he can ace the NFL test. (KC Star)
- The supporting cast needs a lot of help. (Kings of Kauffman)
- Alex Smith says the expectations are high for the Chiefs. (Arrowhead Addict)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- Jay-Z is already after Jadeveon Clowney. Now we sit back and wait for the NCAA investigation.
- EA lost a $11 million lawsuit aimed at their Madden series. Failed to pay royalties to one of the former pre-EA developers.
- A) I’m not surprised. B) I wish I’d thought of that name first.
- Clay Travis likes Alabama and Texas A&M to dominate in the SEC West again. I’m not as sold on the Aggies as others are.
- A teen designs Air Jordans after surviving a battle with cancer. They are now selling for over $1,000 on eBay.
ONE MORE THING…
The Royals almost lost their catcher (Salvador Perez), center fielder (Lorenzo Cain), and biggest trade piece (Ervin Santana).