ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Nothing going on in Kansas City.
Alex Gordon, Salvador Perez, and Greg Holland will participate in the All-Star game tonight. No Royals position player has a hit in the All-Star game since Bo Jackson went two-for-two in the 1989 game. With Gordon and Perez each getting at-bats – one would assume they would, anyway – I think there is a good chance that streak finally ends tonight.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Ethan Evans suggest Greg Holland may have to be traded. (Kings of Kauffman)
- Michael Engel breaks down the Royals at the All-Star break. (Kings of Kauffman)
- The deadline for signing an extension with franchise tag players came and went without Branden Albert making a deal. (Arrowhead Addict)
- Rookies and quarterbacks report one week from today. Lyle Graversen thinks the players should be ready for a physical camp. (Arrowhead Addict)
- Kansas fans will love this rare video of Wilt Chamberlain’s NCAA tournament. It is freaking awesome. (KC Star)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE….
- I’m not anti-gun, but I am anti-shotting people in the face. Here’s the St. Louis Post-Dispatches tremendous reporting on how the Aurora movie theater shooter got his 170 pounds of bullets.
- Esquire wants to know where all the young actions stars went. They have a point, though Charlie Hunnam fans will disagree.
- Jay-Z will be 60 in 2028, which is to say he’s 45 now.
- It is probably a good idea that Fake Ned Yost got out of the game when he did.
ONE MORE THING…
The bat flip. My Deity, the bat flip. So awesome.