HAPPY JULY 4TH!!!
ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Royals 6, Indians 5
You can’t predict baseball.
In a wild night which included a near three hour rain delay, a power outage delay, a scary injury to Alex Gordon, two comebacks, and a fireworks show after 1 a.m., the Royals were able to pull out a one-run win and knock the Indians out of first place.
Gordon is fine after bruising his hip up against the wall on a deep fly ball by Jason Kipnis that resulted in an inside-the-park home run. Manager Ned Yost said Gordon appears to be fine. Fingers crossed. As for the game, Hosmer hit a solo homer over the green batter’s eye in dead center field to give the Royals a one-run lead in the bottom of the eighth. It was his seventh homer since the beginning of June after having just one home run in the first two months of the season.
Kansas City now sits three games under .500, 1-1 on this crucial 20-game stretch, and 4.5 games behind first place Detroit.
IN OTHER NEWS…
– Sporting Kansas City played to a 1-1 draw against Vancouver. (KC Star)
– Bill Self and James Shields are teaming up to help kids in foster care. (KC Star)
– Billy Butler, Deja Vu, and Biases (Kings of Kauffman)
– Priority number one for the Chiefs: Beat the Raiders. (Arrowhead Addict)
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT…
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
– Urban Meyer turned in one of his former assistant coaches for a recruiting violation. He’d lost a recruit to his former employee.
– The White House has responded to the petition against Westboro Church.
– Advanced stats are making a big gains in the NFL. The San Francisco stat is staggering.
– The Celtics hired Butler Bulldog head coach Brad Stevens to replace Doc Rivers. Did not see that coming at all.
– This is the 11 most important moments in Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest history. Yes, there are 11.
ONE MORE THING…
Clark Hunt did an interview with Forbes and discusses the rebuilding process the Chiefs are in. Very interesting.