ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Royals Off Day
If the Royals are going to be anything this season it is going to be decided in the next two weeks. A tough stretch of 20 games against Cleveland, Oakland, New York Yankees, Detroit, and Baltimore awaits the Royals in July. It is a stretch that could either end their season or keep them somewhat afloat in the American League Central race.
After losing to Toronto yesterday afternoon, Detroit is now a half-game behind Cleveland for first place as they continue to have issues with their bullpen and health. If Kansas City can manage to go 10-10 and stay within five games of first place by the time the next three weeks are over then things get really interesting. But almost anything worse than that would mean the Royals will probably have to start looking towards next season.
KC starts things off against Cleveland tonight at home. Corey Kluber is on the mound for the Indians against Luis Mendoza. First pitch is scheduled for 7:10.
Royals Nugget: Eric Hosmer’s six home runs in June was career high for him in a single month and the most home runs he had hit in a month since September of 2011.
IN OTHER NEWS
- KU football unveiled their new helmets and uniforms for the 2013 season. (Sporting News)
- If the Royals are going to get better then it is going to have to happen from within. (KC Star)
- It is put up or shut up time for the Royals. (Kings of Kauffman)
- All the Royals home runs in June. (Kings of Kauffman)
- A quick list of the most over and underrated Chiefs on the roster. (Arrowhead Addict)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- 49 schools officially changed conferences yesterday. This is getting out of hand.
- Leave it to Jason Whitlock to have one of the more controversial takes on Aaron Hernandez. It’s Jay-Z’s fault.
- Rick Ruben makes an appearance in Jay-Z’s album documentary/advertisement. Suggests he thinks Kanye’s album is better.
- Remember that “Bible” series that was on the History Channel? Yeah, NBC bought the rights to it.
- The Bill Simmons vs. Doc Rivers thing is starting to really heat up. “He did everything he could to get me fired.”
ONE MORE THING…
Denmark defeats the Sweedish in a “futbol” hooligan brawl. (The Big Lead)