ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
The Royals were off last night. They start a series here in Kansas City against the Chicago White Sox with the first pitch scheduled for 7:10.
Mario Chalmers and the Miami Heat won their second-straight NBA title last night in what a highly entertaining game seven. Chalmers hit a buzzer-beating three at the end of the third quarter and LeBron James provided the dagger in the final minute to beat the San Antonio Spurs 95-88. Chalmers now joins an elite group of former Jayhawks to earn multiple NBA Championships, including Clyde Lovellette, Wilt Chamberlain, and Jo Jo White.
Of course, LeBron James essentially won the championship himself but I’m confident Chalmers is not going to complain about it. Here is Chalmers buzzer-beating three at the end of the third quarter.
So… Aaron Hernandez? The New England Patriot tight end is mired in a murder investigation which may end in his arrest. You can find the details here. Man, New England went from the most enviable tight end situation in football to having no tight ends very quickly.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- KU lands two more high school football recruits. (KC Kingdom)
- Sam Mellinger makes the case for The Rich Gannon Effect in Kansas City. (KC Star)
- Bill Snyder has changed the way he approaches recruiting. (KC Star)
- Dayton Moore at his finest. Ugh… (Kings of Kauffman)
- Here is your Desmond Bishop update. (Arrowhead Addict)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West named their baby girl North West. Because they are idiots.
- HTC may have hired Robert Downey Jr. to be its new spokesperson. $12 million deal.
- Watch a three-year-old hear for the first time. Fan-freaking-tastic.
- Kendrick Perkins sold his dog on Twitter. Took less than an hour.
ONE MORE THING…
Bill Simmons was going to talk about LeBron James’ “Decision.” ESPN wasn’t going to have it.