ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Indians 6, Royals 3
Well that was brutal. A fifth inning collapse from Luis Mendoza, more Kelvin Herrera struggles, a Hochevar bomb, a Elliot Johnson error, a Alex Gordon 0-for-5 (with two strikeouts), and a nine runners left on base led to one of the more unwatchable performances from the Royals this season. The problem with the Royals is not luck, it’s the roster. If Kansas City is going to get back in the division race then they will need to make moves and make them now.
Royals Nugget: Alex Gordon is batting .181/.284/.213 with three extra-base hits – all doubles – since May 23 (25 games, 109 plate appearances).
IN OTHER NEWS…
- George Brett is non-committal about staying with the team beyond June. (KC Star)
- Ben McLemore’s AAU coach met with the NCAA. (KC Star)
- Can time and TV heal our Pioli woulds? (Arrowhead Addict)
- As of this recording, the Kansas City Baseball Vault had cautious optimism about the Royals. (Kings of Kauffman)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- James Gandolfini has died of a heart attack. Tony Soprano was 51.
- This is a link that you must click. Anchorman 2 trailer.
- Former KU quarterback Dayne Crist sees more in a burrito than you do. Really, more than anyone should.
- What would you give for the best seats in the house at a Royals game? Here’s what people offered for Marlins tickets.
TWEET OF THE WEEK
Umpired Dayton Moore’s son team..Dayton argued one of my calls. Night has been made. Go Royals
— Jacob Schmidt (@schmittyshake) June 20, 2013
ONE MORE THING…
This college basketball season will be interesting. Very interesting. Meet Andrew Wiggins…