ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Royals 2, Indians 1
What, the Royals couldn’t score runs for James Shields? Stunning. But who cares the Royals are back to .500 and starting to rebuild relevancy in the American League Central and Wild Card races. There is still a lot of time between now and the All-Star break for the Royals to collapse back into nothingness so I won’t buy in just yet, but it is nice to see the Royals on the right track.
KC scored two runs in the final two innings to steal a victory from the jaws of defeat. Holland made things interesting in the ninth after a one-out double by Michael Bourn, who ended up on third base shortly after due to a wild pitch. But it didn’t matter as Holland got a strikeout and a ground out to end the game.
Royals Nugget: KC has not been over .500 after June 1 since 2003. They’ll have a chance to get there tonight with Ervin Santana on the hill.
IN OTHER NEWS…
– Charle Weis officially kicked Chris Martin off the team yesterday. (KC Kingdom
– K-State golfer named Big 12 Sportsperson of the Year. (KC Star)
– Desmond Bishop was released by Green Bay, Chiefs may have interest. (Arrowhead Addict)
– Michael Engel takes a look at Royals hitters since George Brett took over. (Kings of Kauffman)
– Eric Hosmer may be coming out of his funk. Maybe. (KC Kingdom)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
– There is a chance The Biebs wasn’t driving the Ferrari that almost hit Keyshawn Johnson’s car. Millions of teenage girls and Anne Frank await/demand some answers/apologies, Keyshawn.
– Netflix has a new deal with DreamWorks to improve their original programming. Interesting.
– Mumford and Sons bassist doing well. Recovering at home.
– This has been floating around for a while but it is still bad. Reallly, reallly bad.
– Chris Getz has won the walk-up music theme. Yay!
– Kentucky football has offered a scholarship to a seventh grader. Well that’s fantastic.
ONE MORE THING…
I have a message to a few people I care about deeply: Don’t get any ideas.