ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Royals 5, Rays 3
After an excellent weekend in Tampa Bay, Kansas City is back to within one game of .500. Wade Davis shook off some first inning rust to throw a tremendous six innings of baseball. After allowing two runs on three hits and two walks in the first inning, Davis allowed just two more hits and no walks over the next five innings to give KC the opportunity to get back into the game. The offense took advantage. Alcides Escobar had three hits, Frenchy homered, and Alex Gordon drove in two to help build a 5-3 lead that Greg Holland would eventually close down.
Royals Nugget: Escobar was 6-for-15 in the series with three extra-base hits. He only had three extra-base hits in his last 115 plate appearances before entering the series.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Chiefs turned 50 over the weekend. (KC Star)
- Andrew Wiggins arrives in Lawrence. (KC Star)
- Yost, Moore have no plans to move Gordon back to third base. (KC Star)
- Lyle Graversen predicts the Chiefs season. (Arrowhead Addict)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- ‘Man of Steel’ broke June’s opening weekend record. $125.1 million.
- Kanye West dropped a new album and had a baby girl over the weekend. Here’s a album review.
- ‘The Wolf of Wall Street” trailer is out. Go ahead and swoon.
- A Shoeshiner donated $200k to a Children’s hospital. Good stuff.
ONE MORE THING…