ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Royals 10, Rays 1
Elliot Johnson hit a three-run homer in an eight-run sixth inning in support of Ervin Santana to take game one against Tampa Bay. The Royals are now two games under .500 and five games behind the Detroit Tigers for first place. Kansas City pitchers have now gone a franchise record 12 straight games allowing three runs or less. So long as the pitching staff can keep this up, the Royals should be able to continue this run of success.
Royals Nugget: The Royals have not been .500 or better after June 1 since 2003.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Purses are no longer allowed at Arrowhead, gentleman. (KC Star)
- Mellinger explains why this road trip is crucial for George Brett. (KC Star)
- Sales are booming for Billy Butler’s BBQ sauce. (Ball Star)
- Chiefs move their playbooks to iPad. (Arrowhead Addict)
- Cheslor Cuthbert promoted to AA. (Kings of Kauffman)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- Steven Spielberg talks movies. Says ‘Lincoln’ was almost an HBO movie.
- Melissa McCarthy responds to critics who called her “hippo” and “tractor-sized.”
- Mumford and Sons cancels summer tour. Includes Bonnaroo and KC show.
- Watch the Mets fan in the background. Whoops.
- Chis Bosh drew a foul on Tim Duncan last night. It was a flop…a very obvious flop.
ONE MORE THING…
Conversations with a two-year old daughter.