ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Royals 3, Tigers 2 (10 innings)
Look, the Royals are flawed but winning rules. So I’ll do my best to put a moratorium about how bad the Royals offense and focus on the fact positives so long as the team maintains this run of success. Lorenzo Cain and Eric Hosmer nullified a tremendous start from Justin Verlander to push the Royals to the extra-innings win. Cain hit a two-run homer in the ninth and Hosmer singled in Tejada to win it. James Shields was excellent once again but did not factor in the decision.
KC starts a four-game series against the Tampa Bay Rays tonight in Tampa.
Royals Nugget: KC is 8-3 in June and 5-1 in extra-inning games this season. If we could ignore the existence of the month of May, KC is 22-13.
Sporting KC lost to their minor league affiliate 1-0 on Wednesday night, which eliminates them from the U.S. Open Cup. There are not a lot of good things to say about the equivalent of Omaha Storm Chasers beating the Royals as one would imagine. A piece of good news is Teal Bunbury was solid in his return from an ACL injury. Aside from that though… not good.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Missouri Chancellor Brady Deaton is retiring. (KC Star)
- Frank Haith gives his side of the Miami scandal. (KC Star)
- Robinson Cano says Billy Butler won’t be in the home run derby. Boooooooo. (KC Star)
- Is Tony Moeaki done in Kansas City? (Arrowhead Addict)
- Jarrod Dyson is due to return soon so who is gone: Frenchy or Lough? (Kings of Kauffman)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- ’1984′ book sales jump 7000 percent after NSA scandal. Let the conspiracy theories begin.
- You either know what this is or you don’t. Mostly because I can’t explain it.
- You know what the world needs? More Kardashians.
ONE MORE THING…
March 7, 2014. Slow motion records will be broken.