ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Twins 3, Royals 0.
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that scoring 2.08 runs per game over the last two weeks (13 games) is not good. Not good at all. And yet we sit here on June 5 and the only thing the Royals have done to fix an offense that has not produced pretty much all season is hire a new hitting coach. No demotions, no releases, no talks of trades. Nothing. George Brett said yesterday it is time for the players to start being held accountable. Well, there’s no better time or that than now.
You’d think this would be a key week in determining the fate of Dayton Moore and his front office. At this point I seriously doubt it.
Royals Nugget: Yasiel Puig, who made his debut in the majors Monday, has eight plate appearances and has homered twice. As a team the Royals have homered two times in their last 532 plate appearances.
SHAMELESS PLUG OF THE WEEK…
Someone felt it was a good idea to have me on as a guest on the FanSided Tonite podcast. We talk Chiefs, Royals, Moustakas and Hosmer, and Dayton Moore. Drop by and listen if you have a half-hour to kill. (FanSided Tonite)
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Clark Hunt is excited about the direction the Chiefs are going. (KC Star)
- MLB will seek suspensions for 20 players in the Biogenesis steroid scandal, including former Royals outfielder Melky Cabrera, Yankee Alex Rodriguez, and Brewer Ryan Braun. (ESPN)
- George Brett has a difficult job ahead of him. (KC Star)
- Jamaal Charles and Dexter McCluster return to the field on day one of mini-camp. (KC Star)
- Royals made six roster moves yesterday. (Kings of Kauffman)
- Dick Vermeil impressed with Chiefs practice. (Arrowhead Addict)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- This seems like it would be a disaster. Pizza drones.
- Mr. Marcus, a porn star, is going to prison for 30 days. “Knowingly exposing co-stars to syphilis.”
- Michael Jackson’s mother accused of extortion. She was heard screaming, “I’m bad! I’m bad! Really, really bad.”
- Jack White pays a $142k tax bill to save a Detroit’s historic Masonic Temple. The Who and Rolling Stones once played there.
ONE MORE THING…
Facebook the musical. It is everything you hoped and dreamed.