ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Rangers 3, Royals 1
For the 12th time in the last 17 games the Royals failed to score at least three runs and thus wasted another excellent by a starting pitcher – this time Ervin Santana – and fall deeper into last place.
Here is the money quote from Bob Dutton’s game story:
“The guy threw the same pitches, same sequence,” Profar said. “I knew (Gutierrez) as going to do the same thing because he threw a curveball first pitch and Pierzynski and Leonys and then same to me. Then all fastballs.”
Kansas State’s baseball team advanced the Super Regionals over the weekend after beating Arkansas 4-3 on Sunday. They will travel to Carvallis, Oregon to face Oregon State in a three-game series. The winner of the series will advance to the College World Series in Omaha, Nebraska.
IN OTHER NEWS…
– Young Royals need to grow up according to Sam Mellinger. (KC Star)
– Scott Angevine gets his shot at Sporting Park. (KC Star)
– KU was a hotbed for great coaches in the mid-1980’s. (KC Star)
– Is Demetrius Harris the next Antonio Gates? (Arrowhead Addict)
– Greg Holland is back to himself after a rough opening to the season. (Kings of Kauffman)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
– Just so you know, Miguel Cabrera was always good. Here’s this attempt to walk him in 2006.
– U.S. Men’s National Team rebounded well in a win over Germany yesterday. 4-3.
– DeSean Jackson may be next player to hire Jay-Z as his agent. HOVA $$$.
– “My dad is as ugly as RuPaul.” Oh Amanda Bynes, you be crazy.
– The Human Couch and Kanye are having a girl. The world is not ready for that ego.
ONE MORE THING…
Just when you thought the potential for American’s to get fatter wasn’t possible, this…