ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Cardinals 5, Royals 3. The RoyaLLLLLLLLs will never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever win again. Ever. At least it feels that way right now. Kansas City has now lost eight straight and maybe not so coincidentally have scored three runs or fewer seven times times in their last eight games. In fact, the Royals have not scored five or more runs in a game since May 21 against the awful Houston Astros. We can put any talk of playoffs or a .500 season to bed. The question now is whether or not Dayton Moore will still be the general manager of this team by the time the offseason rolls around.
Royals Nugget: The offense has produced three or fewer runs 16 times in the last 23 games. In the games they have scored 3 or fewer runs the Royals are 0-16. In the games they have score 4 or more runs the Royals are 4-3.
Branden Albert and Brandon Flowers each missed practice Wednesday because of illness, Dexter McCluster missed another day because of his hamstring, and Dwayne Bowe left practice early because of leg cramps. Tony Moeaki has been out all offseason due to knee surgery, and is expected to be back in time for training camp. In good news: Knile Davis has declared his fumbling problem “fixed” so, hey, no more worries there.
IN OTHER NEWS…
– Royals managers have along history of doing crazy things during losing streaks. (Ball Star)
– Chiefs want to improve the kicking game in 2013. (KC Star)
– Hitting coach Jack Maloof is not having a very good month of May. (Kings of Kauffman)
– Chiefs defense should be better in 2013. (Arrowhead Addict)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
– Ken Rosenthal is starting to get the national “Fire Ned Yost” train going. Fire everyone.
– James Lipton of “Inside the Actor’s Studio” fame was once a pimp. Seriously, he was a pimp.
– Neil Patrick Harris is going to host the Emmy and Tony awards. I’m okay with it, I guess.
– Adidas plans to release a sub-100 gram soccer cleat and 630 gram uniform. Sub-100 grams is lighter than an iPhone.
GIF OF THE WEEK…
This explains why Edwin Encarnarcion runs the way he does after home runs.
ONE MORE THING…
A missing man randomly appears right before a TV news report. (H/T Hot Clicks)