ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Cardinals 4, Royals 1. It wasn’t Ervin Santana’s best start, not by a long shot. But going seven innings and allowing four runs should have been enough for the Royals to keep things close or maybe win. At least that should be the case for an American League team. Instead, the Royals managed two hits, both by Billy Butler, to fall for the seventh straight time and slip into a last place tie with the awful Minnesota Twins.
This is a disaster.
According to Adam Teicher, the Chiefs had a sloppy day of practice on offense yesterday but it didn’t prevent Demetrius Harris from standing out in practice. Many seem very impressed by the undrafted rookie’s athleticism and ability to catch on to things. Harris hasn’t played football since high school, instead playing basketball at Wisconsin-Milwaulkee the last four years. The Chiefs signed Anthony Fasano and draft Travis Kelce to go with Tony Moeaki over the offseason, so the Chiefs would likely have to carry fewer players at another position if they are going to add Harris to the roster. There is also the possibility he makes the practice squad.
Sporting KC had no issues dispatching Des Moines Menace in the third round of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. Kei Kamara and Claudio Bieler each scored goals in SKC’s 2-0 win. They’ll play Orlando City SC, SKC’s USL Pro affiliate, in the fourth round on June 12 at Sporting Park.
IN OTHER NEWS…
– A Blue Springs native may be first openly gay college basketball player. (KC Star)
– Ned Yost had a long day yesterday. (KC Star)
– Time for Dayton Moore to wake up. (Kings of Kauffman)
– Poor management has led to this collapse. (Kings of Kauffman)
– Taking a look at the Chiefs defensive backfield. (Arrowhead Addict)
– Darrian Miller is returning to Kansas. (KC Kingdom)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
– Amanda Bynes has lost her mind. Calls out Courtney Love and Chrissy Teigen for no reason.
– Justin Bieber continues to be a terrible driver. Was chased down by Keyshawn Johnson.
– Former Denver Bronco Cullen Finnerty was found dead yesterday. Reason is unknown.
– It’s getting dangerous to be a sideline reporter. Watch out Joel Goldberg.
– LeBron James is looking for interns. I’m moving to South Florida.
ONE MORE THING…
Don’t mess with goats. (H/T The Big Lead)