ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Angels 5, Royals 4. Hey, at least the Royals scored more than three runs right? Right?! Ervin Santana gave up four home runs and the Royals offense mostly sputtered until the Angels helped them out in the ninth inning as KC dropped game one of the series 5-4. Joe Blanton becomes the third pitcher in the last five games to have an ERA over 6 and shutdown Kansas City’s lineup. In public Dayton Moore and Ned Yost are not concerned, but they should be. The Royals are 4-13 in their last 17 games, are 21-23 on the season, and could find themselves in fourth place in the AL Central with a loss and a White Sox win tonight.
Kelvin Herrera was demoted to AAA yesterday.
Royals Nugget: No Dayton Moore team has been above .500 after May 23 in his seven years as Royals general manager.
Chiefs continued OTA’s yesterday at Arrowhead, their final practice of the week. Dexter McCluster went down with a hamstring injury but is expected to be okay for practices next week. Kansas City also signed fifth round draft pick Sanders Commings yesterday, leaving Eric Fisher, Travis Kelce, and Nico Johnson as the only draft picks to have not signed a contract.
IN OTHER NEWS…
– Derrick Johnson talks Alex Smith and Nico Johnson. (Arrowhead Addict)
– Alex Smith reacts to Dwayne Bowe’s predictions. (Arrowhead Addict)
– Last night was rough for the Royals broadcast. (Kings of Kauffman)
– This Kansas Jayhawks fans is kind of a badass. (USA Today)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
– Someone is paying $1.5 million to go into space with Leonardo DiCaprio. Women all around America say, “Only $1.5 million?”
– Charles Ramsey is receiving free McDonald’s food for a year. He’s lovin’ it.
– Zach Galifianakis is a pretty cool guy. Took care of a homeless lady.
– Charlie Weis’ Notre Dame buyout is huge. May end up being $19 million.
ONE MORE THING…
This seems both safe an healthy. (Extra Mustard)