ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Astros 3, Royals 1. Oh Royals. Royals, Royals, Royals. A puke-worthy offensive performance that miraculously produced one run was stunningly not enough to beat the Houston Astros last night. James Shields was excellent yet again but was saddled with another loss. Houston wins just its four series of the season and increased their season win total to 14.
Changes. Must. Happen.
Royals Nugget: Kansas City has scored 62 runs in their last 15 games (4.13 runs per game) which isn’t good but seems reasonable. Except that 20 of the runs happened in two games against Los Angeles last week. This means in the Royals offense is averaged 3.23 runs in the other 13 games, a number that would make Dead Ball Era teams recoil in horror.
Kansas City has scored 3 or fewer runs 25 times this season which consists of 58 percent of their games. They are 7-18 in those games. In 13 of those game the Royals allowed 3 runs or fewer.
“These (coaches) came from systems where they attacked. Nothing against our old system but there wasn’t attacking. We’re looking forward to this defense because (it allows the Chiefs) to attack, shoot gaps and push guys back and make plays.”
“Not knowing much about Dexter McCluster … he was the running back/receiver, and seeing how fluid he is, going in and out of those roles has been impressive for me to watch,” Smith said after Wednesday’s practice. “It’s easy to talk about in the meeting room to say let’s put (a) receiver in and have him run routes and be natural at it and then put him back in the backfield to do a multitude of things …“It’s another thing to see it live. He’s a special guy, and he’s really taken it on.”
We’ve heard this song before out of Chiefs camp. Let’s hope it actually brings results on the field this time around.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Alex Gordon has been on fire but it hasn’t mattered. (Kings of Kauffman)
- Andy Reid vs. Chip Kelley (Arrowhead Addict)
- Chiefs make some minor roster moves. (Arrowhead Addict)
- Kansas football lands Miami (Ohio) wide receiver Nick Harwell. (Journal World)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- A butt dial lands a man in jail. Charged with murder.
- Chuck Norris wants someone to sign Tim Tebow. Because he is a winner like Chuck.
- Top 10 most terrifying Brian Urlacher moments. He retired yesterday.
- Here are your NFL over/under win totals for next season. Chiefs are at 7.
ONE MORE THING…
Easy on the gas there, buddy.