ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Royals win! A seven-run third inning propelled Kansas City to a 9-5 victory and series win over the Angles. Alex Gordon had three hits, Lorenzo Cain had two doubles and three RBI, and Jarrod Dyson tripled in the game. Dyson later left with what appears to be a sprained ankle after trying to rob Mike Trout’s home run in the eighth inning. Hopefully the injury is not too severe as the Royals offense has been better with Dyson in center and Cain in right field.
In a sad note, former Royals broadcaster Fred White died yesterday at the age of 76. White paired with Denny Matthews in the booth for 26 years and called many memorable moments such as George Brett’s 3,000th hit and the Pine Tar Game.
Kansas City is off tonight before starting a three game series against Oakland on Friday. A Detroit loss means the Royals are a game-and-a-half out of first place, but remain in third place behind the Cleveland Indians who won today as well.
As for the Chiefs, Dwayne Bowe announced that he was going to lead the NFL in receptions this season. That’s fun, I suppose. The OTA’s are a pretty mundane thing but comments like these are always fun to hear from players who have just signed mega-million dollar contracts. Bowe is pleased with the way the offense appears to be developing and is excited about new quarterback Alex Smith’s ability to throw the ball farther than ten yards downfield. Hopefully, Bowe lives up to his claim this fall.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- More of Fred White. (Kings of Kauffman)
- Jimmy Nielsen has a new book out explaining his gambling problems. (KC Star)
- Bruce Weber does not anticipate K-State playing in the Sprint Center this year. (KC Star)
- Should the Chiefs re-name Arrowhead? (Arrowhead Addict)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- O.J. Simpson wants a new trial. Because he’s crazy.
- Diddy will not appear on Downton Abbey. Wait, what?!
- Kim wonders if Kanye is gay. …I don’t know why I’m posting this really.
- Ice waves. It’s a think that happens.
ONE MORE THING…
Drunk man vs. elephant. Let the games begin…