ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
The Royals have lost three in a row thanks to a disastrous fifth inning that propelled Baltimore to a 5-3 win. The good news? Mike Moustakas is showing continued progress as he slugged his second home run in seven games and went 3-for-4 on the night. Alex Gordon also hit a home run, his fifth of the season. The bad news? The offense is still struggling to score runs consistently, and when either the defense or pitching falters then the game almost feels out of reach for Kansas City. It is only three games, but the Royals cannot afford many stretches like this.
Speaking of faltering, Sporting Kansas City fell last night to the Seattle Sounders 1-0 when Djimi Traore scored the match’s only goal in the 94th minute. The last second breakdown cost Sporting a point at home and ruined the return of Kia Kamara who was playing his first match since returning from Norwich City. SKC travels to Houston on Sunday.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Patrick Allen tries to find the Chiefs’ most impactful for 2013. (Arrowhead Addict)
- Nathan Bramwell asks if Jonathan Baldwin is a bust. (Arrowhead Addict)
- Royals season may hinge on Ned Yost’s ability to handle pressure of winning. (Kings of Kauffman)
- Frank Haith’s attempt at a dismissal was denied. (Post-Dispatch)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- Here is the history of nachos in baseball stadiums. Hungry.
- Prince Harry is on his way to the U.S. for a week. Hope he keeps his pants on.
- 49ers sold the naming right for their news stadium. Levi.
- The QB class of 2010 was very, very bad. Jake Heaps to the rescue!
ONE MORE THING…
This is a curious way to say “flamingo.” (NSFW: Cursing baby)