ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
After getting through 3 1/2 innings and leading 1-0 over the Rays, the umpiring crew finally decided that playing baseball in a lake was a bad idea. After a lengthy delay the game was called and the Royals were left six outs short of a three-game sweep. Instead, the Royals are going to have to figure out when they are going to play next. Kansas City is expected to get 3-5 inches of snow Friday, another 1-3 inches Saturday, and more rain on Sunday. Depending on how the forecast shakes out, the Royals may have the entire series against the Chicago White Sox postponed. That would not be awesome.
Still, the Royals are 15-10 and in first place so I guess there is still good news.
KU’s non-conference men’s basketball schedule is out and it is hard. Holy crap. The schedule is highlighted by games against Duke (in Chicago), at Florida, and home to Georgetown.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Alex Tanney and three others were released by the Chiefs. (Arrowhead Addict)
- The month of May could be brutal for the Royals. (Kings of Kauffman)
- Royals attendance is down through the first 12 games of the year. (KC Star)
- Jay Jaffe says the Royals could, possibly, maybe, might be contenders. (SI)
- KU signee Brannen Greene is finally making an official visit. (KU Sports)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- Meet the FBI’s first most wanted lady-terrorist. Glass-ceiling broken.
- Chelsea advances to the Europa League final and tickets won’t be cheap. $390.
- Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman died of liver failure. 49.
- Here is your Michelle Obama/Mike Tyson mashup. Creepy.
- Here’s your list of schools that made a ton of money selling swag. MU>KU>>>>>>>>KSU.
ONE MORE THING…
SQUIRREL! (The Big Lead)