ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Shields! Moooooooose! Victory! For about five innings it looked like the Royals were going to slide into a three-game losing streak and get shutout for the third game in a row. Then the floodgates opened. Eric Hosmer doubled, Lorenzo Cain singled him in, and then Mike Moustakas launched his first home run of the season. The Rays would collapse from there and the Royals cruised to a 8-2 win, securing a 14-10 April. It is the first winning April since 2011 (14-12) and the most games over .500 the Royals have been at the end of may since 2003 when the Royals started 17-7.
Fun fact: The 2003 Royals went 10-19 in May. Okay, maybe that is not so fun.
Anyway, the Royals are 14-10 and are a half-game out of first place in the American League Central. This could be a fun summer.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Mendoza made all of two starts in April. (KC Star)
- Adam Teicher takes a stab at Opening Weekend starting offensive line. (KC Star)
- More reviews of the Chiefs draft. (Arrowhead Addict)
- Here is your April Bubba Starling update. (Kings of Kauffman)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- A man spent all of his life savings at a carnival. Tubs of Fun.
- These Google Glasses could prove to be a disaster. Or be awesome.
- Why would anyone question Jay Cutler’s toughness? Oh.
- Wille Nelson is 80, and some would say he’s high on life. Ha.
TWEET OF THE WEEK
In response to Oakland and Los Angeles’ 19-inning thriller on Monday night/Tuesday morning:
Journal entry: “its now the 19th inning. we r out of food & water & weve lost 3 men to injury but morale is high. we need to win soon. SOS.”
— Sean Doolittle (@whatwouldDOOdo) April 30, 2013
ONE MORE THING…
Statler, Waldorf, and Inglourious Basterds. Awesomeness. (WARNING: Tarantino violence)