ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Ubaldo Jimenez. Didn’t see that coming. For whatever reason Jimenez picked tonight to return to 2009 form and the Royals helped him stay there in a 9-0 loss. Mike Moustakas doubled so that was neat. Lorenzo Cain also threw out a guy from centerfield with the help of an excellent play by Salvador Perez. Otherwise last night was pretty forgettable.
Things get interesting tonight as James Shields will face his former team for the first time since the Wil Myers trade over the winter. Myers is still in AAA for Tampa Bay which is a little surprising given the Rays extreme needs in the outfield and the lineup.
Also, no word if Evan Longoria and James Shields have worked out their differences.
The game starts at 7 and hopefully the Royals can get thing going again.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- We grade the Chiefs draft here. (KC Kingdom)
- Sam Mellinger weighs in on Jason Collins coming out. (KC Star)
- Royals are still trying to figure out the ticket issues from Friday night’s rain-out. (KC Star)
- A cool story on Yankees pitcher and Baker University alumni Vidal Nuno. (Campus Corner)
- Good stuff on Kansas City’s draft from this past weekend. (Arrowhead Addict)
- Some thoughts from K-State’s spring game on Saturday. (Capital Journal)
- Tom Keegan thinks KU should hire Andrew Wiggins’ dad as a coach. (Journal World)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- Peyton Manning does karaoke. Johnny Cash.
- Mitch McConnell responds to Obama jab by having a beer with an empty chair. Well played.
- MTV’s Teen Mom star Farrah Abraham reported sold a sex tape for almost $1 million. Proud mama.
- Yahoo! unveiled six new shows to go with their new TV partnerships. Ed Helms, John Stamos star.
- Taylor Swift (supposedly) bought a $17 million house…with cash. TMZ don’t lie.
- Spiderman stole $6K. Spiderpig to the rescue!
ONE MORE THING…
Here’s your April 2013 news bloopers. (WARNING: NSFW language)