ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
I don’t know if you heard but there was an NFL gathering over the weekend where various human were selected by NFL teams to play football. Eight of them went to the Chiefs. We have thoughts on all eight:
Oh, and apparently Branden Albert is still going to be traded.
Meanwhile the Royals took two of three over the weekend from Cleveland and have one more game with them today. Mike Moustakas is showing small signs of life in the double header on Sunday going a combined 2-5 with three walks, a double, and two runs scored. It isn’t much but it is far more than what he showed up to this point. Hopefully this starts some positive momentum for him heading into May.
Also, at 13-9 the Royals are in first place in the AL Central.
Sporting Kansas City lost to the Portland Timbers. To avoid depression I’ll note that the new kit looked awesome and only reinforced my desire to own a Jimmy Nielsen shirt.
IN OTHER NEWS…
– The Chiefs signed undrafted quarterback Tyler Bray. (KC Star)
– Arrowhead Addict grades the draft class. (Arrowhead Addict)
– Jason Cole grades the Chiefs and the rest of the AFC. (Yahoo!)
– Chris Burke does the same thing over a SI. (Sports Illustrated)
– And Josh Sanchez has you covered on the network. (FanSided)
– One more? Alright. Here’s Pete Prisco’s take. (CBS Sports)
– Kings of Kauffman has more on Mike Moustakas. (Kings of Kauffman)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
– Elizabeth Colbert and Mark Sanford will debate tonight. First question: Have you ever hiked the Appalachian Trail?
– Greg Norman thinks golfers should submit to blood test. PEDs.
– A very large shark washed ashore in Misquamicut. Rhode Island.
– It is Prince William and Kate’s anniversary today. Bottoms up.
– This dude stole second, third, and home in three pitches in a AAA game. Impressive.
ONE MORE THING…
Holy crap. I think he almost hits the rafters at the end.