ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Random names were announced.
The Kansas City Chiefs selected Eric Fisher with their number one overall pick in the NFL Draft. Fisher will likely start at right tackle given that, as of this writing, Branden Albert has not been traded. If Albert is traded then Fisher will move to the left side.
Speaking of Albert… Supposedly trade talks will resume today. We’ll see what happens. I’ll be surprised if he is still a Chief by the end of the day.
Alex Gordon is awesome. The Royals split an abbreviated two-game series with Detroit Tigers by scoring five runs in the 10th inning to win the game 8-3. Gordon hit a grand slam in the extra inning, and sources say the ball has yet to land.
Oh, and the Royals are in first place by 1.5 games. They start a four-game series with the Cleveland Indians tonight at Kauffman Stadium. Ervin Santana will start against Scott Kazmir with first pitch scheduled for 7:10 p.m.
IN OTHER NEWS…
– There was a first round of a NFL Draft yesterday, supposedly. (KC Star)
– How would you grade the Eric Fisher pick? (KC Kingdom)
– Sheldon Richardson was the only local player to be drafted in the first round. (KC Kingdom)
– John Dorsey and Andy Reid like Fisher’s athleticism, attitude, and a versatility. (Arrowhead Addict)
– Miami’s decision to move up to number three overall and not pick a left tackle was the biggest surprise of the draft. (Arrowhead Pride)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
– Brett Saberhagen is selling his World Series ring and Cy Young award. Charity.
– Tilda Swinton lead a Barry White dance party. Ebertfest.
– Jay-Z is a lucky, lucky man. Beyonce.
– Here is your first look at Arrested Development. BUSTER!
– Zach Braff started a Kickstarter to fund a new film. $2 million.
ONE MORE THING…
I hope Eric Fisher is a tough as this guy.