ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Mike Moustakas. Discuss.
Mikey had a tough day yesterday, going 0-for-4 at the plate and committing an error in a pivotal fourth inning that allowed the Detroit Tigers to score 4 runs and win the game 7-5. Fan-freaking-tastic. Moose is now batting .148 on the season, has yet to homer, and now is committing critical errors at crucial moments in games. At least Hosmer showed some signs of life, going 1-for-1 with a double, sacrifice fly, and two walks. Kansas City will play Detroit at noon today before traveling back home for an extended home-stand against the Indians, Rays, and White Sox.
Oh, and the Royals are still in first place.
As of this writing, the Chiefs and Dolphins have yet to agree on compensation for a potential Branden Albert deal. This likely means they are arguing over whether or not the Chiefs should get the 42nd or 54th overall pick from the Dolphins. We’ll know the results today at some point, as both teams will want to know what they are working with before the draft begins tonight.
IN OTHER NEWS….
- Luke Joeckel and Eric Fisher walk and talk like number one overall draft picks. (KC Star)
- Wayne McClain is leaving K-State to become a head basketball coach at Champaign Central High School. (Capital Journal)
- SEC coaches have issues with football scheduling. (Post-Dispatch)
- Nathan Bramwell gets you ready for the NFL Draft. (Arrowhead Addict)
- Brian Henry discusses the Royals offensive problems. (Kings of Kauffman)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- Apple may be close to unveiling their new smart TV. Maybe.
- Zooey Deschanel received an apology from the Closed Captioning Company after the Boston bombing snafu. Cute terrorist.
- Barry Sanders will be on the cover of Madden 25. Cursed.
- NASA’s rover drew a penis on Mars. Perv.
-Napster creator Sean Parker is throwing himself a rather expensive wedding. $9 million.
ONE MORE THING…
This seven-year-old did not want to go to church so he stole his dad’s car.