ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
They tried to play a freaking ballgame but she said, “No, no, no.”
Another day, another baseball game the Royals did not play. Thankfully, this time it was due to weather and not some other kind of craziness. Wade Davis is scheduled to pitch today against Max Scherzer. The good news may be that James Shields will be pitching against Justin Verlander instead of Luis Mendoza.
Famed KC restaurant Grinders is going to start serving food at Sporting Kansas City matches. As if I needed another reason to go…
The Kansas City Star gives several pieces on why the Chiefs are probably screwed on Thursday. Sam Mellinger gets you started, followed by Adam Teicher, and then Randy Covitz. I think we know how the Star thinks this is going to play out, eh?
IN OTHER NEWS…
– Getting Moustakas started is at the top of the agenda for the Royals. (KC Star)
– You may be surprised but there are a handful of KU football players on NFL team’s draft radar (Capital Journal)
– We have a mock draft posted if you’re into those sorts of things. (Hey, that’s us!)
– Kansas State will begin selling alcohol at baseball games. (Wichita Eagle)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
– Sometimes I really hate the way our economy is set up. Twitter.
– Emma Watson is in a new Sofia Coppola movie. Potter VIII?
– Justin Bieber may be saying good-bye to his monkey. Wait, what?
– This guy prevented a foul ball from crushing his daughter’s face. Cat-like reflexes.
ONE MORE THING…
Manny Ramirez hitting home runs in Taiwan is beyond fantastic. The “Manny Sorry Elephant” sign is my favorite part. The announcer is great, too. [Hardball Talk]