ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
The NFL Draft beings on Thursday and there are still a lot of unanswered questions for the Chiefs, including who will they select number one overall and will left tackle Branden Albert still be on the team. The answer? *shrug* There have been some rumors and reports that have surfaced about where Albert will be on draft day but for now things are at a stand still. Don’t be surprised if this isn’t resolved until Thursday or Friday.
Andrew Wiggins canceled his in-home visits with Kansas, North Carolina, and Florida State. He will chat with the three schools by phone instead. Hard to hear this and not think he is going to Kentucky.
In a surprising announcement, K-State point guard Angel Rodriguez is transferring from the school in order to be closer to family who live in Puerto Rico. Rumors are already landing Rodriguez in South Carolina with former KSU coach Frank Martin but nothing has been announced.
The Royals will start the final series of their eight-game road trip against the Detroit Tigers tonight at 6 p.m. Wade Davis will face off against the scorching hot Max Scherzer who has struck out 23 batters in his last 14 innings pitch. Oh boy. The Royals are three games above .500, are in first place by one game, and are a game-and-a-half above third place Detroit.
IN OTHER NEWS…
– The Royals ain’t no quitters, you hear? (Kings of Kauffman)
– Everyone loves mock drafts. (Arrowhead Addict)
– Eric Fisher has a better arm than Matt Cassel, and I ‘m not kidding. (Arrowhead Addict)
– I think all of this ends with the Chiefs drafting a fullback number one overall. (KC Star)
– Sad, sad, sad, happy, happy, happy, and then some. (Don’t Kill the Mellinger)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE
– Uh…whoa. Boston.
– Alabama OT D.J. Fluker tweeted last night that he was paid in college. Pimpin’ pimps.
– This has been out for a while but Kent Babb can write. AI.
– A soccer referee says he was left impotent after a coach grabbed and squeezed his testicles. Stress balls.
– This kid with autism knows how to throw out a ceremonial first pitch. Showmanship.
– This guy got fired on his first day of work. Bad words.
– “I DO HOPE ALL OF THIS STORIES ARE TRUE THAT JUSTIN REALLY LOVES SELENA.” Read. The. Comments.
ONE MORE THING…
This may be one of the more perfect distance kicks I have ever seen, better than any half-court shot. Also, I don’t watch a lot of soccer. [101 Great Goals]