ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Insanity in Boston. Complete insanity.
Andrew Kitzenberg, 29, said he looked out his third-floor window to see two young men of slight build in jackets engaged in “constant gunfire” with police officers. A police SUV “drove towards the shooters,” he said, and was shot at until it was severely damaged. It rolled out of control, Mr. Kitzenberg said, and crashed into two cars in his driveway.
The two shooters, he said, had a large, unwieldy bomb. “They lit it, still in the middle of the gunfire, and threw it. But it went 20 yards at most.” It exploded, he said, and one of the two men ran toward the gathered police officers. He was tackled, but it was not clear if he was shot, Mr. Kitzenberg said.
IN OTHER NEWS…
– In the midst of this, the Royals will attempt to play a baseball game against the Boston Red Sox tonight. I’ll let Bob Dutton do the talking here.
– A “B Strong” logo has been painted onto the Green Monster.
– The NFL released team schedules yesterday. Here is a quick look at the breakdowns of the Chiefs and the AFC West.
– Branden Albert was given permission to talk with the Miami Dolphins. A trade could come as soon as today.
– Daniel Sams may be gaining an edge in the race to replace Collin Klein at K-State. (Capital Journal)
– Kevin Young had some fun at the KU Relays. (Journal World)
– Keanau Post is set to play for Missouri next season. (Post Dispatch)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
– Jay-Z and Jennifer Lawrence join others as some of TIME’s 100 most influential people.
– Showtime’s “Dexter” is confirmed for it’s final season.
– Harrison Ford is not a fan of Chewbacca. “Sack of s***.”
– The top 10 flops of the NBA season. SI.
– William Moore was arrested on battery charges. Mizzou.
– “The Daily Show” tears apart the NCAA. Brilliant.
ONE MORE THING…
“Seriously, how have they not shut this school down yet?”