ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
The Royals didn’t play so therefore they did not lose. Still in first place, too.
Zack Greinke got in a brawl last night. The best part was calling the action: “‘That’s fertilizer,’ says Kemp, ‘that’s fertilizer.'” The worst part was finding out Greinke broke his collarbone.
Last night was the premiere of “42” in Kansas City. The event raised thousands of dollars for the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum, which was in desperate need of funding.
IN OTHER NEWS…
– Luis Mendoza has been key for the Royals since last season. (KC Star)
– Frank While and Willie Wilson discuss the lack of black players in baseball. (KC Star)
– KU playing to strengths in spring game. (Lawrence Journal-World)
– Finding a Collin Klein’s replacement is underway. (Topeka Capital-Journal)
– Missouri’s quarterback situation still isn’t clear. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
Jayson Worth’s at-bat walk-up music is the “Game of Thrones” theme. Awesome.
A circus elephant was shot in a drive-by shooting. Gangster.
Mark Zuckerberg is pushing for immigration reform. Facebook.
Apparently there is a big problem with Jay-Z and Beyonce going to Cuba. Hova-gate.
Nick Lachey’s advice to boy bands: Don’t date Taylor Swift. Sound.
ONE MORE THING…
The San Francisco Giants version of the “Animal House” speech.