ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Jeremy Guthrie picked up right where left off last season, going six innings and striking out nine while allowing only one run to help the Royals earn their first win of the season. Jarrod Dyson, Chris Getz, Alex Gordon each had RBI’s in a three-run fifth inning, which proved to be enough behind Guthrie’s pitching. Kansas City is now 1-2 on the season – the same record as the Detroit Tigers – and will travel today to Philadelphia to have an early interleague tussle with the Phillies.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Miami’s motion to dismiss the NCAA’s investigation against Frank Haith includes unethical tactic charges. (KC Star)
- Get ready to see more of the Royals’ bench. (KC Star)
- Wichita State and Texas will play in next year’s CBE. (KC Star)
- Sporting Kansas City is locking down on opposing offenses. (KC Star)
- McDonald’s game bittersweet for KU fans. (Capital-Journal)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
Roger Ebert has died of cancer. 70.
Things at Rutgers are not getting better. Yikes.
Brad Pitt will be in a World War II movie not named Inglorious Bastards 2. Bummer.
Target has a color of gray for fat people. Manatee.
Denny’s has a 24-hour diner wedding chapel in Las Vegas. Whaaaaaat?!
TWEET OF THE WEEK…
— Fred Hoiberg (@ISUMayor32) April 5, 2013
ONE MORE THING…
Siskel and Ebert outtakes. (NSFW: Beware of cursing.)