ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Another spring training game, another win for the Royals. This time Kansas City took down the Cincinnati Reds 8-3 on the back of a strong performance from Ervin Santana. Failed prospect Eric Hosmer looked good in right field and at the plate, getting three hits and making the routine plays in the field. KC is now 24-7-2 in Cactus League play.
Wichita State advanced to the Elite Eight after defeating La Salle last night in Los Angeles. It is the first time since 1981 the Shockers have been to the quarterfinals.
Brad Childeress is now officially an offensive assistant for Andy Reid and the Kansas City Chiefs. Well, technically he is the Spread Game Analyst/Special Projects Assistant Coach. Make of that what you will.
IN OTHER NEWS…
– Sweet 16 game for Kansas tonight. Mellinger says they need more from Elijah Johnson. (KC Star)
– A cool story about former Blue Valley Northwest and now Florida Gulf Coast point guard Brett Comer. (KC Star)
– Bruce Weber has some thoughts after his first season at K-State. (Capital-Journal)
– The Royals and Academy Sports signed a deal to sell Royals gear in their new stores. (KC Business Journal)
– Sporting’s match with Montreal will stream live on MLSsoccer.com on Saturday night. (MLSsoccer.com)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
Charles Barkley backed up Doug Gottlieb for Gottlieb’s “I’m here for a white man’s perspective” comment. Onions.
It is beginning to feel like the U.S. is trying to pick a fight now. Ugh.
Barbara Walters is set to retire in 2014 according to reports. Gone.
Is that a jellyfish or a spy robot? Unknown.
If you need some cash a California Creationist is offering money to anyone who can disprove Genesis. $10k.
ONE MORE THING…
America is getting too fat to commit robberies now.