ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Chris Getz goes six-for-six and Kansas City scored nine runs on 19 hits. But.. Luke Hochevar gave up five runs in less than an inning, leading to a 9-9 tie. A split squad version of the Royals lost earlier in the day to the Brewers, 9-1.
Kansas arrives in “North Texas.” Why not Dallas or Arlington? I don’t know. Texas is weird.
Not Kansas City related, but in case you’re one of nine people who do not watch ESPN the Miami Heat’s winning streak was snapped at 27 last night by the Chicago Bulls.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Ben McLemore is confident he can start hitting shots again. (KC Starwww)
- Zusi and Besler are awesome. (KC Star)
- Keith Law took a look at Kyle Zimmer and John Lamb. (ESPN Insider – paywall)
- Here’s the Associated Press’ preview of the Royals. (Capital-Journal)
- Frank Haith’s recruits at Miami are doing quite well for themselves. (Post-Dispatch)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
The Matrix people are making a show for Netflix. I know Kung Fu.
Jockey is offering Jon Hamm a lifetime supply of Jockey underwear. Crotch-gate.
Rob Gronkowski co-hosted SportsCenter yesterday. Gronk.
College basketball bench celebrations are fun. Rio!
ONE MORE THING…
How is this guy alive?