ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Chris Getz goes six-for-six and Kansas City scored nine runs on 19 hits. But.. Luke Hochevar gave up five runs in less than an inning, leading to a 9-9 tie. A split squad version of the Royals lost earlier in the day to the Brewers, 9-1.
Kansas arrives in “North Texas.” Why not Dallas or Arlington? I don’t know. Texas is weird.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Ben McLemore is confident he can start hitting shots again. (KC Starwww)
- Zusi and Besler are awesome. (KC Star)
- Keith Law took a look at Kyle Zimmer and John Lamb. (ESPN Insider – paywall)
- Here’s the Associated Press’ preview of the Royals. (Capital-Journal)
- Frank Haith’s recruits at Miami are doing quite well for themselves. (Post-Dispatch)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
The Matrix people are making a show for Netflix. I know Kung Fu.
Jockey is offering Jon Hamm a lifetime supply of Jockey underwear. Crotch-gate.
Rob Gronkowski co-hosted SportsCenter yesterday. Gronk.
College basketball bench celebrations are fun. Rio!
ONE MORE THING…
How is this guy alive?