ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
For the third straight season Missouri has exited the NCAA tournament after only one game. This time the Tigers chose to simply not show up, getting handled by Colorado State 84-72. We’ll have more on Missouri later today.
Branden Albert signed his one-year franchise tender which now makes him eligible to be traded should the Chiefs decide to do so. Albert is rumored to be seeking a contract that would make him one of the highest paid left tackles and this appears to be the sticking point for the Royals.
Kansas State has already notched one win this postseason after the women won their first game of the WNIT last night in Manhattan. Brittany Chambers, a senior, scored 42 points in the victory. Not bad.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- The rotation is getting closer to being announced according to Ned Yost. (Royals.com)
- Kansas City has landed a U.S. World Cup qualifier. (KC Star – paywall)
- Sam Mellinger says the return of Roy Williams means little now. (KC Star – paywall)
- K-State is hoping for a healthy Henriquez. (Capital-Journal)
- Kurtis Townsend once played for the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers. (Capital-Journal)
- Harrison Ford is coming to KC to screen “42.” (The Pitch)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
Eli Manning is willing to rework his deal to keep Victor Cruz.
It appears the announcement of Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn’s relationship was also a public relations move. I’m stunned.
Premier League franchise West Ham is moving into London’s Olympic Stadium. The 99-year deal will start in 2016. The stadium cost a mere $783 million to build.
Deep Throat porn actor Harry Reems is dead.
A blade was removed from a man’s back three years after being stabbed.
ONE MORE THING…
Tags: KC Headlines